IS MY COMMITMENT CONFIDENTIAL? CAN IT BE CHANGED IF NECESSARY?
All giving to Journey Church is completely confidential including giving to the BUILD Campaign. Commitments can be changed if necessary, allowing you to either increase or decrease your commitment as needed. Your decision to change your commitment should be done only after much prayer.
WILL I BE BILLED MONTHLY FOR MY PLEDGE?
No. We will be counting on you to meet your commitments in a timely manner. Your gifts may be given via the mail, the weekly offering, through our online giving portal or through donor advised funds. If giving via check, please be sure to designate your checks by writing “BUILD” on the memo line.
WHAT ARE DONOR ADVISED FUNDS?
These are all types of assets (cash, stocks, non-liquid assets). You can setup a Giving Fund through National Christian Foundation and choose Journey Church as the recipient of these assets and receive an income tax deduction at the time of the donation. For more information, call the church office or visit www.nationalchristian.com.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT THAT MORE OR LESS THAN THE OUTLINED GOALS ARE COMMITTED?
If more that $2,000,000 is sacrificially given over the next three years, 90% of the additional funds will be directed to reducing the mortgage, while the other 10% will be directed toward Compassion initiatives within our community and along the Front Range.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME?
Ask questions and be informed. Most importantly, seek God. Take time to prayerfully consider what kind of sacrifice God is asking you to make. “Not equal gifts, but equal sacrifice” best describes Journey’s understanding of Biblical stewardship. Not everyone can make a million dollar gift, but everyone can make a sacrificial one.